Activities in Marseille – Top 10 things to do!
our trip to Marseille is booked and you are now looking for what to see and what to do during your stay? What are the 10 best activities to do in Marseille? Where to stay in town?
Top 10 activities in Marseille
1) The Basilica of Notre-Dame de la Garde: perched on top of a hill, the “Bonne Mère” watches over the people of Marseille and offers visitors a 360° view of the city.
2) The Old Port: at the bottom of the Canebière, stroll along the quays or enjoy the fish market in the morning.
3) The Mucem: the museum brings together three key places to discover! Fort Saint-Jean, the CCR (Conservation and Resource Center) and the J4 esplanade (with a space dedicated to children).
4) Saint-Victor Abbey: with its breathtaking view of Marseille, its crypts and its chapels, the Abbey is a place steeped in culture and history not to be missed.
5) The Calanques National Park: explore these wonders of nature, on foot, by bike or boat… And discover the fine sandy beaches and the crystal clear sea between the cliffs.
6) The Palais Longchamp: with its remarkable architecture and magnificent park, it is a must in Marseille. It houses the Museum of Fine Arts and that of Natural History.
7) The Panier district and the Cours Julien: these two districts are perfect for strolling, having a drink on the terrace and admiring street art in the colorful streets, do not hesitate in joining the Marseille Free Walking Tour.
8) The Cité Radieuse Le Corbusier: listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, this garden city built on stilts houses accommodation and a shopping street.
9) The Orange Vélodrome: football fans will not want to miss the mythical Stade Vélodrome, for the time of a match or a guided tour with the Tourist Office.
10) The island of Frioul and the Château d’If: during a boat trip, discover the fortress of the former prison of the Château d’If and the four islands of the Frioul archipelago.
Find accommodation in Marseille
How about staying in a charming guest house in Marseille? Located in the heart of the 6ᵉ arrondissement of Marseille, Un Mas en Ville is the ideal place to put your luggage down for a few days. Its comfortable rooms decorated with taste, the swimming pool and the jacuzzi located in the charming shaded patio, the breakfast decorated with organic and local products make it “The place to be”.